One effective way to eliminate hot spots in your home is through AC zoning systems. They regulate and redirect air to specific areas of the home. This allows for more comfortability in your home and customizable temperature zones. If you ever feel like certain areas of your home are either too hot or cool, then you may be interested in an HVAC zoning system.
How Ac Zoning Works
Dampers are installed in either ducts or the air vents. The dampers can open or close as needed to allow airflow into every area of the home. In ac zoning, each zone will have its own thermostat that can be adjusted to a specific temperature for that designated section of the house. A zoned HVAC system should always be professionally installed because it is a complex setup. A trained technician can adequately inspect the design of your home and help you set up the most efficient zoning.
Benefits of AC Zoning
HVAC zoning can provide many benefits for both your home. Some perks include:
- Improved energy efficiency: With a zoned system you use less energy because zoning works to detract air from the areas that don’t need it. A zoned system diverts air away from areas that don’t need it so you’re using less energy to keep your home comfortable.
- Individualized comfort levels: We know the struggles of having some members of the family want the thermostat raised while others prefer lower temperatures. AC zoning systems allow individuals to set the temperature for their areas of the home.
- Balanced temperatures: A ac zone installation can help look for hot and cold spots in the home and eliminate them by addressing your heating/cooling needs by zone.
How To Know If An AC Zoned System Right for My Home?
Typically larger homes benefit from zoning. The layout of bigger houses causes varying temperatures. Features in a home that may cause the need for zoning are some of the following:
- A two-story home
- A basement
- An attic living space
- High ceilings
- A living space over your garage
- A sunroom
- Several large windows
- A wide layout with two or more wings
If you’re needing an HVAC expert to come out and evaluate your home, to determine if you need AC zoning, set up an appointment with us here. We want you to be as comfortable in your home as you should be.